|St. John’s Family,
Sadly, COVID-19 is running rampant again and many people are getting it within our church family. While we recognize this variant is not as serious thankfully, we are also going to make some changes to how we operate. Hopefully, these changes will not have to remain in place for too long, but we want to be sure we are keeping everyone as safe as possible. So with that in mind, the following decisions were made in our business meeting last night:
- Sunday School will go back to one class in the sanctuary. This will be offered over Zoom and anyone who would still like to attend Sunday School in person can do so in the sanctuary. The Sunday School teachers will take turns teaching.
- Children’s Church is currently on hold until numbers go down. Children will still be invited to the front for Children’s Sermon but then will return to their seats for the remainder of the service.
- As of right now, we will continue to have Wednesday night activities for the children and youth in person, but we are keeping a close eye on COVID numbers and will make adjustments as necessary.
- Meetings will move to an online format. This includes business meetings, deacons meetings, Church Council and other meetings. The chair of each meeting will be responsible for setting up the Zoom meeting and sharing the info with the appropriate people.
- Masks and social distancing are not required, but are encouraged. This is to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate this virus and the ever-changing information we receive. As always, if you are sick or not feeling well, we ask that you stay home and join us online to keep everyone as safe as possible.